Tampa Tango Festathon FAQs
When is the registration deadline?
Early Bird pricing ends at 11:59pm Eastern time on September 6th. After that, a full pass will be $225 (still a great deal) so please register early to save! Online registration will be available until September 30th. We sold out of class passes last year, and expect to do so again this year. Classes are role-balanced and once sold out, will not be available at the door. Milongas will be available at the door, based on capacity.
What should I expect at the milongas ?
- Awesome music. We have invited some of the best DJs around to keep you hyped up and on the floor all day and night.
- Traditional Argentine Tango. If you dance international ballroom, North American, or other styles, this is probably not the event for you.
- Our milongas will be fun and safe. We will strictly enforce general tango etiquette and line of dance. We reserve the right to eject guests from the milongas and refuse admission to those who choose to not follow the rules of the road. This is for the safety and enjoyment of everyone.
What is the refund policy?
Should you find yourself unable to attend after you have registered, you are welcome to sell/transfer your ticket to another guest without penalty. No refunds will be processed. This policy will be strictly adhered to and is at the sole discretion of the Tampa Tango Festathon team.
Do I need a partner for the classes?
You will not need a dedicated partner for the classes. All classes will be role balanced and our guest instructors will be sure to rotate partners so you get the best learning experience.
Will there be food?
Delicious snacks, both healthy and sinful, will be served during the milongas, as well as coffee, teas, and water. There are many great restaurants within walking distance, including the native-inspired upscale Ulele as well as the laid-back Cafe Hey!
What about alcohol?
You are welcome to bring your own alcoholic beverages but please drink responsibly. We reserve the right to eject guests who aren't behaving with class.
Can I reserve a table at the milongas?
The Tampa Tango Festathon is inclusive, fun, and super friendly. There will be no reserved seating and all chairs are shared. Meaning, if you aren't using it at the moment, it's free game to anyone who needs to rest their feet. Don't worry, there will be plenty of seating.
Will there be vendors?
Absolutely! We will have two clothing vendors and two shoe vendors with a great selection of shoes for men and women!
Do you need volunteers?
We are accepting a limited number of volunteers. Volunteers get a discounted pass in exchange for helping out with things like set up, clean up, registration desk, running errands, etc. If you are interested in volunteering, fill out the volunteer request form. Volunteers are assigned on a first-request basis.
Is there a student discount?
If you are a full time college student with verifiable enrollment, you can contact us to register at a discounted rate.
I've never been to Tampa Bay. What hotspots should I hit while I'm not dancing?
Tampa Bay is a vibrant tri-city metropolis with a rich Cuban history, exciting theme parks, world-class museums, and powdery Gulf Coast beaches. Here's our top must-see list:
1) Ride the river on the Pirate Water Taxi (it picks up two block away in front of Ulele)
2) Enjoy a Cuban coffee or cigar in Historic Ybor City
3) Indulge in a Thai brunch along the Hillsborough River at the Wat Thai Temple Sunday Market
4) Catch a film in the landmark Tampa Theatre
5) Soak up some rays at the popular Clearwater Beach, consistently rated among the top beaches in America.
6) Grab a beer at Hidden Springs Ale Works next door!